Monday, February 8, 2010

France Gall!



The first time I heard this song a was few years back in a club in NYC and I had it stuck in my head for weeks. The problem, i suppose, was that I do not speak French and therefore could not simply google the lyrics to figure out what it was. It was driving me insane to the point where I was listening to everything French Pop I could get my hands on in hopes of stumbling upon it (this says more about my OCD than the song perhaps). Anyway, I found it eventually and also discovered a lot more really great music along the way.

Believe it or not this one was written by French legend Serge Gainsbourg and was considered overly complex in its lyrical content to be sung by a teenage pop star like France Gall, but alas, I don't speak French so I will have to take the critics' word for it in that regard. What I do know however, is that this is one catchy mod anthem that will have you bouncing in your computer chair.

France Gall - Laisse Tomber Les Filles

No comments:

Post a Comment