Sunday, January 17, 2010

Blood Red Shoes


I first discovered Blood Red Shoes some time in mid 2007 and they didn't leave much of an impression on me. Their forthcoming release, however, shoes much promise. In the band's own words, their new material "feels a lot darker and eerie. It has more complex song structures and intricate guitar parts than before." Dark and eerie is always good in Camp Thelonius Crunk.

Cop their track "Colours Fade" for free:










The Brighton, UK duo's new harder, faster, darker sound may hint at things to come in the new decade for danceable indie rock. It is reminiscent of classics such as The Strokes and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs yet takes a solid step forward and sounds fresh and interesting. enjoy!

Here is a bonus track: [my favorite of the two]
Blood Red Shoes - I Wish I Was Someone Better [mp3 via mediafire]
visit Blood Red Shoes on Myspace and be sure to buy their album when it comes out if you like these tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment